The RCI 12″ Heavy Duty Bed Rack is our best selling rack and carries the same features and benefits as our custom fit racks, but with the added flexibility of being able to mount to ANY truck bed ranging from a Chevy Colorado to a Dodge 3500. Best of all, this bed rack does it all without sacrificing strength or added weight! In fact the adjustable 12″ bed rack has been so popular that we are phasing out our custom fit racks to be replaced by this model. You simply choose one of three bed length options, and the width is fully adjustable to match your specific truck. This rack saves space and organizes your truck bed by allowing all of your gear to be securely mounted with easy accessibility. Designed to accept roof top tents and other heavy gear while keeping your truck bed wide open and accessible.
- Mount anything from lights, Hi-lift, co2, fire extinguisher, quick-fist, roto-pax, spare tire, roof top tent, etc
- This is our HD model, utilizing three cross-members spanning the truck bed, this rack is has the highest weight capacity and provides even weight distribution on the trucks bed side rails
- Built in mounting points allow unlimited options for adding accessories
- Bolts to inside of bed rails or can alternatively be mounted with optional “drill-free” clamps to mount like a truck topper (Not applicable when bolting to accessory rail systems)
- Rack is 12″ tall from bed rail to top of rack
- Adjustable width adapts to any truck bed from 54″ – 64″ width between the bed rails
- Three length options to fit any application from 5′ beds to 6’+
- Maintains very good visibility through the back window despite the low overall rack height
- Using this rack will minimize the aerodynamic drag normally associated with roof top tents by keeping it largely below the roof-line
- Slotted mounting points on top of rack accept nearly any roof top tent making mounting a breeze
- Includes TWO top braces, for unlimited accessory and tent mounting options
- Heavy duty black textured powder coat finish comes standard, plus we take it a step further and coat all racks with an epoxy primer. This extra step is expensive and time consuming but ensures our paint job will outlast anything else in the industry!
- Easy bolt together assembly, takes about 45 minutes to install with only a few basic hand tools
- All hardware for installation is included
*This rack has been tested in-house to support as much as 1500lbs static load, but depending on factors such as bed width, truck model, etc. We recommend approximately 750lbs as a benchmark for static capacity (weight on rack when parked / sleeping in tent etc). This is simply a guideline, as always use your best judgement on safety when heavily loading the rack.
- 5ft (46″) 86lbs
- 5ft6in(52″) 92lbs
- 6ft(58″) 96lbs
MADE IN USA
Adjustable Bedrack Install Guide
Grant Gibson (verified owner) –
I first saw this rack in person on a Tacoma in Fredericksburg, TX with a Pope tent mounted on top. Glad I made the decision to make the purchase for the adjustable 12 inch rack. The way it was shipped ensured none of the parts/components were damaged during shipping. The quality and craftsmanship is superb, assembly was easy and straightforward. I mounted a Pope tent to the top and can’t be happier. The folks at RCI are awesome, answered my questions and do a great job making sure everyone is a happy customer.
James (verified owner) –
In my person opinion, this is by far the best looking bed rack out there! Noticed that in less than a year, had few rust spots on all the cross-members where powder coating wasn’t applied probably because that’s the spot the cross-members were hung from during coating.
Great product. Installed on a 2011 silverado 1500 for a rtt. It is very sturdy and well built with all the places to add the extra accessories onto it.
Josh Gambrel –
Awesome bedrack. I installed it in January of 2019 and it’s never let me down. Check out everything I’m able to install on it!
Thomas Teske –
I use this for my RTT and it keeps it low with less drag. Easy to install and really solid. Definitely would recommend it.
Mark Evans –
Just purchased this for a RTT application. It is a great platform for a RTT. Excellent quality, more than enough mounting hardware. It took me an hour taking my time to install on my 2001 GMC 2500HD that I am setting up for overlanding.
The only bad thing is the instruction ! Absolutely garbage. These racks aren’t cheap you’d think they could have found someone older than 5 to write the instructions thank goodness for pictures ! That being said it isn’t difficult to setup and install. I used the c-clamps. I’d still recommend this rack as #1 so glad I paid a bit more.
walter mcclung –
I have been shopping for a rack for a couple months now. After watching many Videos I decided on the RCI 12″ HD. It was pretty intuitive to put together and install. The Rack looks amazing I get a lot of complements on this rack. I did touch up the carriage bolts with a flat black paint after installing so it looked better, but that’s just me.
From a design stand point, this is rack is a tank. It incorporated seamless with my 2018 Tacoma bed rails. Now I just need my tent to show up…
Brian Reese –
I have the 5′ version on my 2019 Tacoma TRD OR. I absolutely love it. The amount of mounting options is limitless. It is heavy duty enough to accomplish all I ask it to do, but also not so heavy that it is noticeable with MPG or wind issues. I highly recommend.