Protect your transmission with the high quality transmission skid plate by RCI Metalworks. Ties in seamlessly with RCI front and transfer-case skid plates or use as a stand-alone item.
The RCI transmission skid plate is the perfect option for swapping out the OEM fiber cover on EcoBoost models for a skid plate that will last and provide real protection. Made of steel or aluminum, the RCI plate provides added strength compared to the OEM fiber cover, which is prone to get water-logged and fall off. The RCI design also spans more distance, providing twice as much coverage than the partial coverage of the OEM plate.
- Protects transmission, exhaust and oil pan
- Compatible with all 4×4 trucks (5.0 V8, 3.5L EcoBoost, 2.7L EcoBoost, 3.3L Diesel) except PowerBoost models. See our other listing for PowerBoost specific version
- Flush mount oil drain door for easy oil changing without removal of skid plate (*Requires Fumoto or Ronin Oil Change Valve for EcoBoost and diesel models)
- Maximum cooling to exhaust with built in cooling vents
- Smooth, flat surface that easily slides over obstacles
- Steel option includes heavy duty textured black powder coating for rust resistant, durable and high quality finish
- Easy installation with basic tools, attaches to factory attachment points – no drilling
- All hardware and installation instructions provided
- Compatible with OEM front and transfer-case skid plates
- Weight: 20lbs Aluminum / 30lbs Steel
**Fumoto or Ronin valve recommended for easy and clean oil changes with transmission skid plate installed. 2.7L EcoBoost and Diesel trims require removal of skid plate for oil service if not used in conjunction with oil change valve
Will not fit with drop bracket lift kits
**Please see our “Current Lead Times” tab for the most up to date information!
MADE IN USA