NEW PRODUCT!! GX specific Photos coming soon, though sliders closely resemble that of 5th Generation 4Runner
The rocker panel is the most vulnerable area on your vehicle when off-road, as well as one of the most costly to repair. Protect your investment with a pair of RCI heavy duty rock sliders.
RCI sliders utilize a full frame support mounting plate which serves both to protect your frame from damage, as well as provides an extremely rigid attachment for the sliders by using multiple bolt locations all across the frame. These will help protect the truck both off-road as well as in the parking lot, and are still very functional as a step if needed.
- Protects rocker panels and doors
- Our sliders utilize a 2″ square main tube which is far stronger than 1.75″ round tube used by competitors
- 1.75″ DOM outer rails are now standard for uncompromised strength
- Heavy duty 1/4″ gussets on all legs
- 45 degree mitered main tube ends provide a superior aesthetic appearance as well as more functional design that won’t hang up
- Full length 1/4″ frame plate provides up to 15 mounting points on each side of the vehicle, guaranteeing a slider as strong or stronger than anything else on the market
- Easily capable of supporting the entire side of truck for lifting with hi-lift, or sliding on rocks
- Standard with 20 degree upward angle, creates a low profile with maximum ground clearance
- Direct bolt on addition to existing mounting locations, no drilling required
- Available tread plate for step surface provides many benefits
- Added safety for kids and pets getting in and out of the vehicle
- Added protection to rocker panels from rocks and debris thrown from tires
- Dimpled surface gives added grip and provides structural rigidity to the slider
- We recommend 5 Degree angle with this option, for flatter step surface
- Easy install with only basic hand tools
- Available with our heavy duty black textured powdercoat finish, plus we take it a step further and coat all rock sliders with an epoxy primer for an exponentially more durable finish than competitors. We now powder coat in-house allowing us to provide better quality, and shorter lead times for the same cost!
- Grade 5 hardware provided
- Standard with our signature low profile rear kickout
*Compatible with all KDSS and Non-KDSS equipped models
*Requires removal of OEM Trim / Side Steps
MADE IN USA
**Please see our “Current Lead Times” tab for the most up to date information!
Comparison of standard Hot Roll Electric Welded (HREW) steel tubing vs. Drawn Over Mandrel (DOM) tubing.
|Yeild Strength (PSI)
|Ultimate Strength (PSI)
|DOM||72,900 **||82,300 **|
*Approximate mechanical specs for engineering design, may vary slightly depending manufacturer.
**Certified specs provided by RCI Offroads DOM supplier
Isidhuji (verified owner) –
Excellent fit and build quality.
I was afraid of needing to do any modifications to the kdss pipes or covers. Everything bolted on without any issues.
A few things to note on the install
1. make sure you do not push up the driver side slider but leave enough clearance the kdss lines do not touch it. I had to align it after I started to tighten the bolts.
2. The cuts on the existing steps is 4 inch from the top on the front and 2.5 inch at the back. Make sure you measure from the top of the step to make them.
3. If you plan to use Locktite, do not use it on the bolts which attach the kdss and brake line to the frame. (I forgot to on one side and just hope I dont have to remove it)
4. I removed the steps from the frame to cut them. I would recommend others do the same. Its easier to cut and dismantle and not much trouble to put back.